Translate

Thursday 30 July 2015

SPELL FOR SUMMONING A KISS

Expectant
And expecting nothing
Such a dream I had
Of your mouth

I long for our joining
And rejoice in our
Joyful separateness
I dream and long to live -
I live and long to dream of -

Awakening and falling
Into dreams with you:
Mine. Both mapped
And foreign territories,
Marked yours

I delight in our mirroring dance
I move/ you move,
In perfect concordance
Yet am enthralled
By our opposing selves:
Shadow and light
Contending.

Wrestling truths
And slippery limbs;
Fierce intellects
And biting
Languorous mouths;

Intricate webs of words
And the electric tangling
Of our tongues
Carving new meanings
Of amorous cruelty
And sharp kindness
Into each other.

Quickly... there are
Empty spaces in me
And burgeoning longings
To disgorge flesh-heat-blood,
And so give birth,
And devour you,
In a single act


Manuela Cardiga

No comments:

Post a Comment