Translate

Friday 7 March 2014

A POET TO HER MUSE WRITES HAIKU TO CONFUSE

Dark-threading almond blossom
Across a cherry moon
Tongue pearling down
The taste of you

Be thou asleep my Muse?
Now its bloody haiku
And I hate haiku.
And bad haiku too...

Is it not amusing,
To so feed
Thy burgeoning ego?
I have a feeling it is quite insatiable…

(As you see my adoration
Is unstable and wavers
From absolute to dissolute)

Which is why being loved
Does not thee satisfy;
So I shall keep my heart,
And feed thee bad poetry
In lieu of love quoth true;
Which thou wilt see
Of necessity
As marvellous indeed
For how could it be other wise
Being so inspired?
Would such incandescence
Wrestle reluctant worship
From mediocrity?
NEVER!

All Muses love their poets well,
Believing the mirror cannot be flawed,
That can such perfection tell…


Manuela Cardiga

No comments:

Post a Comment