Translate

Saturday 9 November 2013

THE INK BLOT GUEST SPOT: Discarded by Grant Harbison.

I spin myself about
Arms outstretched
Twisting round and round
Frolicking folly
Laughing in the rain
I do my best to amuse you
To make you look my way
Hearing heckles and shouts
I spin again and again
Then fall to the ground
Feverishly inane
Crawling into my shelter
I grab my worn duvet
Wrap it around my shoulders
And stare in utter dismay
As you leave the hustle and bustle
Eager to get away
Before darkness sets in
And fiends come out to play
Feeling disappointed
I reach inside my pouch
And pull a carton out
Some discarded junk food
I found lying on the ground
I reach for a half empty bottle
And press it to my lips
I take a large swallow
And relish the momentary bliss
Before the advent of dark
The loneliness of night
Consumes me with terror
Until the dawn of light


Grant Harbison

No comments:

Post a Comment