Translate

Wednesday 8 January 2014

LIVING LIFE WITH NO LIES

LIVING LIFE WITH NO LIES

I wish I could understand the minds of men.
By "men" I don't mean human beings with external genitalia, I mean all humans. Sometimes I feel like a belong to an alien nation. Let me be honest: I always feel like I belong to an alien nation.
I am really so very tired of not knowing the rules.

I seem to do it all wrong. I don't get it. I don't understand how you are supposed to pretend to feel something, and then pretend you don't feel others. And the problem is I never figured out which is which. Besides I'm not good at it. All people have to do is look me in the face. I can't hide or pretend to save my life.

So here is the thing: I will not play anymore.
I will say what comes into my head, and I won't pretend just to make other people's lives easier or more comfortable.

I think things, people, and life are funny. So I am going to laugh. LOUD. And giggle.
Life is ridiculous, silly, and utterly delicious.
At least I think it is.

I have neither time to waste, nor patience for mummers.
I want to live, from now until whenever my life may end with as little pretense as is humanly possible.

If I love, I will say so; and if something smells bad I will hold my nose.

So if you are unpleasant in your manner, or ugly in your character? If you are a lie wrapped up in pretty manners? If you cannot give me the same unequivocal frankness; if you like you like, if you don't you don't?
Please go.
Go right now.
Walk away, leave me alone.

I will be lighting my fires, pouring the wine, and loving my true loves with uncomfortable intensity.
I will be just as embarrassingly enthusiastic about things, and as passionately dedicated to my odd causes.

Oh! And working hard at being just as ridiculous as I can possibly be.
So if you can handle that?
Come on in!

Let me just say:
I have been blessed
With so many true friends,
I have no room
For the "pretends".

Manuela Cardiga

No comments:

Post a Comment